height

Saturday, October 2, 2021

Review at Ten Million Hardbacks

A great review at Ten Million Hardbacks – the same site that hosted my photoessay 'I Was a Teenage Christian'.  The review author went to a Brethren church in Liverpool, so I'm particularly pleased that the book rang true for someone intimately familiar with the world in which the story is set:

I was swept away with the ambition of the novel, which deals with big questions of love, evil, faith and redemption, while creating compelling characters of the two leads and the cast around them. If I was worried about how a novel might deal with the kind people I met at church, the ones whose rock-solid faith was like the location of the wise man’s house in the Sunday school song, and how that faith would be depicted, I shouldn’t have been.

No comments: